October 26, 2014 ::Youth Designed and Facilitated School Board Candidate Forum in Richmond::
“150 students, parents, residents, and community organization representatives joined in leading the last of West Contra Costa Unified school district’s (WCCUSD) school board candidates’ forums.
The forum was designed and run by students with the backing of six community organizations. Healthy Richmond, Youth Enrichment strategies (YES), The Latina Center, The Ryse Center, Youth Together, and Contra Costa Interfaith Sponsoring Community Organization (CISCO) supported the event with staffing, press management, and questions for the prospective school board members.”
Click here for full length article.
January 15th , 2014 :: Youth Together Rally In Sacramento to Hold Districts Accountable::: Click on Photo for Full Length Article.
“I think we need to tighten up the flexible provisions [in the law], because when they talk about flexibility, it creates an out for some school districts that might want to use that money for other things,” said [Delores] Huerta who was also at the State Capital in solidarity with many students, parents and community members advocating for fiscal accountability. Click here for full length article.
Youth Together Students Say: Quit Funding Our Demise and Invest on Our Education!!!
Click on the photo below for full article and more photos.
Youth Together is using the latest in new technology this year. We’re using a new publishing system named ISSUU, in order to allow you to view the press clippings in a more dynamic way (through a Flip Book.) Just click on the arrows on the far right hand side of the presentation below.
Youth Together profiled in Temescal Associates Beyond Expectations Video
- Director of Special Projects, Nick James & Site Organizer, Sagnitcthe Salazar on KPFA :: Youth Together on KPFA April 6th, 2009
- Does Anybody Care? What Tuesday’s Robbery of Oakland Tech Students Says About the City (Racewire Op-Ed)
- Facing Race in Oakland After Tragedy (Racewire Op-Ed)
- Oakland Local.com; May 3, 2013; “Much at Stake for Oakland Students in Governor’s Education Funding Proposal”
- Mercury News.com; March 20, 2013; “East Bay Students Rally In Support of Local Control Funding”
- San Francisco Bay Guardian, Alerts; May 11, 2005; “Reclaim Oakland Schools”
- KPFA 94.1, Programming Highlights; March 15, 2004; “West Contra Costa County Unified School District Budget Cuts”
- Berkeley Daily Planet; December 19, 2001; “Small Schools Debate Continues”
- In Motion Magazine; September 30, 2001; “Youth perspectives on Violence and the Implications for Public Policy”
- East Bay Express; June 29, 2001; “City Council Votes to Put Oakland Police Officers into Public Schools”
- Asian Week; March 23, 2001; “Rally to Kick Off Skyline High School Youth Center”
- Asian Week; September 23, 1999; “East Bay Youths Fight Violence Together”
- San Francisco Bay Guardian; July 28, 1999; “Kevin Weston”
To be happy it is great to be healthy. How can remedies help up? Sure, one of the wonderful place where patients can purchase medicines is WEB. For instance Antabuse is used in given humanity with chronic alcoholism. Creates an disagreeable reaction when drinking alcohol, which reduces the desire to drink. What do you think Levitra is? If you’re concerned about erectile problem, you have to study about generic viagra pills online. Did you ever heard about generic viagra online fast delivery? A recent review about generic viagra online cheap show that men’s most common sexual problem. The symptoms of sexual problems in men include improbability to maintain any hard-on. Sexual health is an great part of a man’s existence. But sexual troubles in men are very common. What is the most vital facts you have to keep in mind consider about this? You can talk with regular physician if you are going to take Levitra. Or you can talk to a specialist. Psychologists can especially help when the cause of the disfunction is psychogenic. He can prescribe the drug if they decide it’s right for you. Online pharmacy is a ideal way to find a pharmacist in your area who treats such malfunction.